Thursday 13 November 2008

Sleigh Ride by Relient K

I recently had the great privilege of working with Tom Bancroft and Rob Corley on an animated Music Video. Gotee Records hired their company Funnypages to come up with a clip for the band Relient K's version of the classic Holiday song "Sleigh Ride". Tom and Rob are ex Disney Feature Animators and Character Designers, so when the opportunity came up I didn't really have to think too long and hard about it.

I was basically responsible for animating the final 3rd of the clip (except for the parts where the snowman fires snowballs and captures the girl). For those of you playing at home, my work begins at the 2min 10 mark. I hope you enjoy it.



Relient K - Sleigh Ride from gotee on Vimeo.

Finally a big THANK YOU to Michael Foster who put me in touch with Tom and Rob for this project and gifted me this great opportunity. Please go check him out.

EDIT: Two of my Fav websites Cartoon Brew and Cold Hard Flash have both featured this video. Cartoon Brew even gives me a credit, which is nice.

5 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.